HONORING THE CRONE IN ALL OF US
1. We will choose aging with awareness. We will experience the process as fully and with as little illusion as possible.
2. We will notice older women. The energy, the humor and vitality will startle some of our misconceptions out of hiding.
3. We will size occasions to learn from the women walking ahead of us. There is much wisdom if only we ask.
4. We shall do the necessary debunking. We will look at ads and articles criticeally; ask questions as we watch TV and movies.
5. We refused to be isolated or silenced. We've been taught to see each others as compeitors.
We choose to approach one another as sisters.
6. We will look long and gently at older women who are debilitated, especially those who have lost mental acuity. Burying fear in denial can sabotoge our efforts towards awareness.
7. We will lean into our aging and soften our hearts to it harbingers. Honor the physcial marks of aging.
8. We will welcome the gradual detachment from the ego-riddled surface self that each wrinkle and gray hair make possible. Honor thy self.
9. We will bask in our ability to be more forthright. We have found our voice, so long softened to placate others.
10. We shall aloud the awareness of death to help us to live wisely. We can live more fully in the present, knowing the precariousness of each moment.