In ancient Egypt, a person worshipped the Goddess and God directly, and held a very personal relationship with their patron Divinities, as it is today amongst those who adhere to the ways of the Ancestors, living by the 42 Ideals of Maat in order to create the life they love in accord with Cosmic reality.

The knowledge of life after death for ancient Egyptians was a certainty, and so much so that a person's whole life was spent preparing for this stage in the eternal Cycle of Existence.

There was no formal and strict religion in those days, however, a person would live by these very ancient and primal Goddess ideals  to ensure well-being in this life and in the next and an easy passage through the YUnderworld to sit face to face with her/his Divinities in Heaven, or Annu.

Annu is also known as Heliopolis, the place where the legendary Phoenix is reborn every so often anew.

The Phoenix, or Bennu Bird, is sacred to the Deities, and is guarded by none other than the beautiful Dark Goddess Nephthys.

The 42 Deities of the Judgement Halls correspond to the 42 Ideals of Maat which are posted here in the discussion forum should one wish to compare the 42 negative confessions the deceased will make when meeting face to face with these Deities during the process of Judging the Soul with the

following text which is taken from the Book of the Dead ~

"The following shall be said by a person when she or he cometh unto the Hall of Double Right and Truth, wherein that person shall be purged of all the transgressions which s/he has done, and wherein s/he seeth the faces of all the Gods :

'Hail to thee, great God, Lord of Right and Truth! I have come unto thee, O my lord, and I have drawn nigh that I may look upon your beauties. I know thee, and I know the Names of the forty-two Gods who dwell with thee in this Hall of Double Right and Truth, and that they may set the wicked in the gives, who live and feed upon their blood in the day when the natures of men are accounted before Un –neferu.

In very truth ‘Rrkhti-merti-f-ent-Maat' is thy name. Verily I have come unto thee and I bring before thee Right and Truth. For thy sake have I rejected wickedness. I have done no hurt unto man, nor have I wrought harm unto beasts. I have committed no crime in the place of Right and Truth. I have had no knowledge of evil; nor have I acted wickedly. Every day have I laboured more than was required of me. My name has not come forth unto the boat of the Prince. I have not despised God. I have not caused misery, nor have I worked affliction. I have done not that which God doth abominate. I have caused no wrong to be done to the servant by his master. I have caused none to feel pain. I have made no man to weep. I have not committed murder; nor have I bidden any man to slay on my behalf. I have not wronged the people. I have not filched that which has been offered in the temples; nor have I purloined the cakes of the gods. I have not carried away the offerings made unto the blessed dead. I have not committed fornication, nor have I defiled my body. I have not added unto nor diminished the offerings which are due. I have not stolen from the orchards; nor have I trampled down the fields. I have not added to the weight of the balance; nor have I made light the weight of the scales. I have not snatched the milk away from the mouth of the babe. I have not driven the cattle from their pastures. I have not snared the waterfowl of the gods. I have not caught fishes with the bait of their own bodies.

I have not turn4ed back water at it’s springtide. I have not broken the channel of running water. I have not quenched the flame in it’s fullness. I have not disregarded the seasons for the offerings which are appointed; I have not turned away the cattle intended for sacrifice. I have not thwarted the processions of the god.  I am pure,. I am pure. I am pure. I am pure with the purity of the great Bennu bird  which is in Suten-henen; FOR LO! I am the nostrils of the Lady  and Lord of the winds who maketh all women and men to live on the day when the Eye of Wadjet  becometh full in the Heavens,  in the second month of the season of coming forth until the end thereof in the presence of the Lord and Lady of the South.

May no evil happen to me in this land in the Hall of Double Right and Truth, because I know, even I, the names of the divinities who live therein and who are the followers of the Great Spirit”

The Forty-Two negative confessions

• Ani saith : “Hail, thou whose strides are long, who comest forth from Annu, I have not done iniquity”
  • “Hail, thou who art Embraced by Flame, who comest forth from Kheraba, I have not robbed with violence”
  • "Hail, Fentiu, who comest forth from Khemennu, I have not stolen”
  • "Hail, Devourer of the Shade, who comest forth from Quernet, I have done no murder, I have done no harm”
  • "Hail, Nehau, who comest forth from Restau, I have not defrauded offerings”
  • "Hail, God in the form of two Lions, who comest forth from heaven, I have not minished oblations”
  • "Hail, thou whose Eyes are of Fire,who comest forth from Saut, I have not plundered the God”
  • "Hail, thou Flame, which comest and goeth, I have spoken no lies”
  • 'Hail, Crusher of Bones, who comest forth from Suten-benen, I have not snatched away food”
  • "Hail, thou who shootest forth the Flame, who comest forth from Het-Ptah-ka, I have not caused pain”
  • "Hail, Querer, who comest forth from Amentet, I have not committed fornication”
  • "Hail, thou whose face is turned back, who comest forth from thy hiding place, I have not caused shedding of tears”
  • "Hail, Bast, who cometh forth from the secret place, I have not dealt deceitfully”
  • "Hail, thou whose legs are of fire, who cpomest forth out of the darkness, I have not transgressed”
  • "Hail, Devourer of Blood, who comest forth from the block of slaughter, I have not acted guilefully”
  • "Hail, Devourer of the inward parts, who cometh forth from Mabet, I have not laid waste the ploughed land”
  • "Hail, Lord of Right and Truth, who cometh forth from the city of Right and Truth,, I have not been an eavesdropper”
  • "Hail, thou who dost stride backwards, who comest forth from the city of Bast, I have not set my lips in motion against any person”
  • "Hail, Sertiu, who comest forth from Annu, I have not been angry and wrathful except for a just cause”
  • "Hail, thou being of two-fold wickedness, who cometh forth from Ati, I have not defiled the wife of any man”
  • "Hail, thou two-headed serpent, who cometh forth from the torture-chamber, I have not defiled the wife of any man”
  • "Hail, Thou who dosrt regard what is brought unto theee, who comest forth from Pa-amsu, I have not polluted myself”
  • "Hail, Thou Chief of the Mighty, who comest forth from Amentet, I have not caused terror”
  • "Hail, thou Destroyer, who comest forth from Kesiu, I have not transgressed”
  • "Hail, thou who orderest speech, who comest forth from Urit, I have not stopped my ears against Right and Truth”
  • "Hail thou, Babe, who cometh forth from Uab, I have not stopped my ears  against the word of Right and Truth”
  • "Hail, Kenemti,  who comest frorth from Kenemet, I have not worked grief”
  • "Hail, thou who bringest thy offering, I have not acted with insolence”
  • "Hail, thou who orderest speech, who cometh forth from Unaset, I have not stirred up strife”
  • "Hail, Lord of Faces, who cometh forth from Netchjfet, I have not judged hastily”
  • "Hail, Sekheriu, who comest forth from Utten, I I have not been an eavesdropper”
  • "Hail, Lord of Two Horns, who comest forth from Sais, I have not multiplied words exceedingly”
  • "Hail, Nefer-Tmu, who comest forth from Het-Ptah-ka, I have done neither harm nor ill”
  • "Hail, Tmu in thy hour, who comest forth from Tattu, I have never cursed the King”
  • "Hail, thou who workest with thy will, who comest forth from Tebu, I have never fouled the water”
  • "Hail, thou bearer of the sistrum,who comest forth from Nu, I have never spoken scornfully”
  • "Hail, Thou who makest mankind to flourish, who comest forth from Sais, I have never cursed God”
  • "Hail, Neheb-ka,who comest forth from thy hiding-place, I have not defrauded the offerings of the Gods”
  • "Hail, thou who dost set in order the head,who comest forth from thy shrine, I have not plundererd the offerings to the blessed dead”
  • "Hail, thou who bringest thy arm, who comest forth from the city of Maatui, I have not filched the food of the infant, neither have I transgressed against the God of my native town”
  • "Hail thee, whose teeth are white, who comest forth from Ta-she, I have not slaughtered with evil intent the cattle of the God”

Moral and Ethical Laws are not intended to create a fear-based environment, or to enforce the rule of any patriarchal God over the free spirituality of the people.

Living by the Ideals of Truth can only greatly benefit a seeker after Truth and Right; and ensure an easy and safe passage towards living the life we love here and hereafter, hand in hand with the Goddess.

Maat and her consort Thoth, the God of Wisdom  during the weighing of the heart ceremony.

Well, Goddess people shouldn't have to worry. With the love of the Divine Feminine within and without, a journey through the Double Hall of Right and Truth will be a triple pleasure :)

)O( Blessed Be )O(

Views: 843

Replies to This Discussion

One should remember that from the fifth dynasty onwards, patriarchal interpretations crept in to the telling of the ancient traditional legends of our Ancestors.

The Copts, or Egyptian Christians, followed up on and refined the retold legends to make The Lake of Fire synonymous with their Hell-fire and Christian judgements, Set was changed into the Christian Devil, and the essential Truth twisted to suit the agenda of the new religions..

We are free of their judgements, and there is no Hell, only the Cauldron of the Goddess, which is the Lake of Fire.In this Lake of Fire, one is purified, not tortured, and reborn anew to continue on in the next stage of the Wheel of Existence.

Thank you ,

and well, it's all in the mind ~ all within. One should face the 42 Divinities within in the now and by so doing, while still in this cycle of existence, pave the way forward into the next.

The Love of the Goddess and God does not punish, instill guilt, or condemn, not even for a single moment.

However, Justice and Truth will always prevail!

There are consequences to every action, as action leads to reaction in Nature.The essential difference between the Patriarchal faiths and Nature- based spirituality is simple ~ the factor of personal responsibility for our own deeds, words and thoughts. Let them be true, pure and productive, and one is then living with the current of the Great Mother.

"There is no right or wrong,

only learning from our experiences"

~ Buddha

RSS

Have questions?

Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!

Have you?

Become a Member
Invited Your Friends
Made new Friends
Read/ Written a Blog
Joined/ Created a Group
Read/ Posted a Discussion
Checked out the Chat
Looked at/Posted Videos
Made a donation this month
Followed us on Twitter
Followed us on Facebook