Temple Illuminatus

Okay, we've decided what we want to write about, and the inner well is not so forthcoming right now. Sometimes we cheat and do a copy/paste job. I do it myself. Sometimes it's gets really involved and you go to several sites to get the information you want. Looking back, I sometimes think it would have been better to write it myself. 
You should always, and I mean, ALWAYS give the source link when doing a copy/paste, plus mention the author too. Just the link isn't good enough. wouldn't you feel badly if someone didn't credit you, from what you wrote? I know I would and have.
Many of us are on several sites, and we see a great discussion, or even a great idea for a group. Hey, let's just copy it and don't give credit.....We need to watch this tendency, as it is plagiarism. Plus, it hurts when people don't recognize our hard work.

We need to be careful with our photos too. Always make sure to credit the artist, if there is one. 
Would anyone else like to chime in on advice or stories that have happened to them? Let's learn tips and compare notes here. do you think it is necissary to credit people, or not and why?

http://www.templeilluminatus.com/group/templecocreationcrew/forum/t...

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my own opinion I think when using material from off the web..it is respectful to credit the artist or person who has posted the info. Sometimes there is no owner/author...to given info..so that one is kinda up in the air...I have even asked persmission of certain people to share their works..or made sure to check out any restrictions/copyright/etc..on anything..being a poet/image designer- I have had some of my works used or altered being claimed by another party...I love to share my words but in return respectfully appreciate being asked if anyone wants to repost them or use them say in a book of shadows...or for personal use...give respect and credit where it is due....as it takes time to research or even create personal works...again just my thoughts........

I agree, now, usually if you can find no known author, I just write 'unknown author.'  But many just won't take the time, or figure know one will ever know.....it's just courteous....I've even credited people for an idea I got while, reading/talking to them.....but that's probably a bit silly.....just something that is me.

Agreed.  This is very important.

I just don't write at all if I don't feel the motivation

Encherin, I've had writers block for a month on my employment series on Lyfelyne. I have about two more discussions I want to add to it...and I end up staring at a blank.  Or rewriting over and over.....I get impatint waiting for my muse.

I have it too, often, lol.

It's why I have so few completed pieces.

When I hit the constant rewriting phase on any 'complete' or incomplate project I cut it off - as it is never ending cycle.

It's not just plagiarism, it is also "Interlectual theft" and is illegal. A few years ago a man on an artists social site was stealing other members work, getting it printed as cards, posters, framed prints etc. and passing it off as his own. (and making money from it in the process) He got caught and was charged with Interlectual theft. It made the news here. I know he was found guilty but I don't recal what his sentence was.

RSS

Have questions?

Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!

Have you?

Become a Member
Invited Your Friends
Made new Friends
Read/ Written a Blog
Joined/ Created a Group
Read/ Posted a Discussion
Checked out the Chat
Looked at/Posted Videos
Made a donation this month
Followed us on Twitter
Followed us on Facebook