Temple Illuminatus

Matthew 7

King James Version (KJV)

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

It is unsurprising that Christianity is the religion that receives most hate messages. Christianity is a highly diverse religion. Unfortunately, the critical, judgemental, self-proclaimed fundamentalists are the most outspoken and aggressive. They don't even spare their own brethren. I don't mind people being exclusive as long as they don't try to change me, but these folks are bent on coercing others into following their "way". Was it not written, "Judge not, that ye be not judged"? That's truly disgusting.

I myself am a Christian, but even I find their behaviour problematic. I don't get their logic at all, it doesn't make sense to me. For instance, there's favouritism within my family, my mom as a "conservative Protestant cessationist" favours my brother who is a strictly materialistic atheist over me who am a Charismatic Christian mystic. I have reasons to think that she hates spirituality more than materialism.

She thinks the spiritual gifts have stopped working and rationality is all that's left. My brother hates me? Of course it's natural, he's a child of the world but I am not of the world. He's meant to hate me.

John 17:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Why do they emphasise normalcy? Because they are hypocrites, because they fear disapproval of men over disapproval of God, that's why!

So, if children of God are meant to be hated by children of the world, then why should I care whether they love or hate me? I really am coming out from among them if that's what it takes to preserve my soul. This is a battle. They oppose my spiritual path. They oppose my vocational choice. The meaning of my life is at stake here! If preserving my soul means being selfish, then so be it. The Bible never even said, "Don't be selfish." It did say, "Come out from among them."

Matthew 16:26

King James Version (KJV)

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

2 Corinthians 6:17

King James Version (KJV)

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

I would normally have no problem with them. I am not the kind of person who complains about other people easily, that's why I never ever make the first move to expel a roommate or change rooms. The only way it can happen is when the other end initiates it. I find this to be a virtue lacking in most people around me. Isn't love meant to be longsuffering? What does hospitality mean?

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The True church of Christ I believe to be in your heart and in your actions. Not in a recitement or in a gathering. Materialism and the like are exactly what Jesus was against. Another nice post.

Indeed, though there's certainly nothing wrong with recitement and gatherings too :) Thanks so much, Ensi.

^everyone of this guys replies should be framed and hung on a wall somewhere. Lol.
I was only complimenting your witty one liners.

What I wrote is a mixture of facts and opinions. When I quote a passage from the Bible, the fact is it was written there in the Bibles we read, in the Bible these same Christians read, the same Bible most modern Christians, fundamentalists or not. I am just asking WHY and HOW they manage to ignore or explain away those parts of the Bible. If it's written there, and one claims to believe the entire Book, one has to be a hypocrite to behave in those ways. That's what I was saying.

I concur, though I have yet to transit into becoming a New Ager. That doesn't mean I wouldn't.

I may believe that in the future, but frankly, not now.

Dunno what you mean. I am only stating the fact that I am open to the possibility of something being true, RaiB, but right now I do not believe it.

I agree that people with differing values tend to judge each other but at the same time accuse each other of judging themselves as if they themselves are innocent. Sometimes, I wonder if I were doing the same too.

Even though this is my post lol? 

Um RaiB and Mishi, please refrain from generating too much heat on this post LOL~

RSS

Have questions?

Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!

Have you?

Become a Member
Invited Your Friends
Made new Friends
Read/ Written a Blog
Joined/ Created a Group
Read/ Posted a Discussion
Checked out the Chat
Looked at/Posted Videos
Made a donation this month
Followed us on Twitter
Followed us on Facebook